Can a sandwich seal your destiny as BFFs? I’m not convinced it didn’t. Maybe it was the labour of love put into each step of the way. Maybe it was the forethought. Maybe it was the fact that it’s awesome. Whatever it was, Lexi made me one back before she moved to the frozen/boiling hot wasteland that is so many miles away from my home. Now it might be a nice city, with interesting people & weather and all but I miss my sandwich making friend!
Anyhoo, this sandwich was inspired by the time I was super hungry and Lexi made me one.
- 4 slices toasted gluten free bread
- 1/2 roasted chicken breast, still warm
- a few thin slices of onion soaking in cold water
- BBQ sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Mix mayo, mustard, & poppy seeds together. Spread on one side of all bread slices.
- Place drained onion on bottom layer of sandwich.
- Place chicken on top on onion, drizzle BBQ sauce over.
- Place lettuce & tomato slices on remaining slices of bread, place on top of chicken layer.