Spiced Apple Cake
I’m not quite sure if this should be called bars or cake. Either way it’s wonderful! I think it would also be nice if you sliced the cake into triangles and drizzled them with white chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13 glass baking pan with butter.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium low. Add 1 stick butter, and 2 cored and diced apples. Saute until apples start to soften and release their juices. Add 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger, and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon. Off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of gluten free all purpose flour mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill), 2 teaspoons each xanthum gum and baking powder, and ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of milk to the saucepan, stir well. Add 2 eggs, and stir well. Carefully pour the liquids into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Pour into the prepared baking pan. Bake until a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and then frost with cream cheese frosting.