Mouthwatering. Savory. Sweet. Rich. Awesome. These are some of the things you will be saying after eating this pork! Serve on some soft bread and with a drizzle off BBQ sauce, with coleslaw on the side. Double for a crowd 🙂
4 strips of diced bacon
1 chopped onion
1 chopped apple
1.5 pounds of pork loin
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons each of molasses, raw sugar, and basalmic vinegar
2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1. Brown bacon in a skillet. Add apple and onion. Once onion softens brown pork loin. Tip into slow cooker. Place on low.
2. Add tomato sauce, vinegars, molasses, sugar, and spices to skillet. Simmer until slightly thickened. Pour into slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove pork, shred with 2 forks, return to slow cooker and toss with cooking liquid. Enjoy!
I think that there is nothing quite like organic tomatoes but many of the organic pasta sauces at the store are expensive and the regular ones have preservatives and other things that I don’t want on my pasta. My solution is to make my own in the crock pot. This chunky, flavorful, mild sauce is crowd pleasing and is easy to double for freezing. If you want you can leave out the turkey and substitute mushrooms for a vegetarian version.
Homemade turkey marinara(GF & DF):
1 1/2 pound ground turkey
2 cans(6oz) of tomato paste
1 can(15 oz) of diced tomatoes
1 can(15 oz) of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of white wine
1 large sweet onion chopped
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon each marjoram, oregano and rosemary
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt to taste
Optional: 1/2 cup of olive oil
1. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brown turkey in a skillet breaking up the turkey into small pieces.
2. Combine all of the ingredients except for the fresh basil, sugar, salt and olive oil in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
3. Stir in the basil and sugar, add salt if needed and olive oil if desired.